Cincinnati's original high school hackathon!
CincyHacks is a 24-hour long (free) hackathon where teams of up to 4 students will build innovative solutions to common problems through code. Teams work closely with mentors throughout the entire process; however, they have many other opportunities as well. Eligible sponsors will give tech talks around the clock, with topics ranging from website building to interview tricks. Don’t worry about food either — hackers will be provided all meals, as well as unlimited snacks and drinks.
Anyone currently (2017-18 school year) in high school (9th to 12th grade)
- Presentations are 3 minutes long (no longer!)
- Judged on learning, functionality, innovation, and applicability
- Talk about:
- What you learned
- How you thought of the idea
- How your idea is applicable to the real world (What problem does it solve? Is there a market demand for it?)
- Show a demo of your project if possible to get points for functionality
Mason Hack Club
How creative is the project? How unique is the solution?
Do markets demand it? Does it fill a niche? How much do people themselves want it?
How well does it work? Is it easy to use? What kinds of errors and bugs are there?